What is the CAT4?
The Cognitive Abilities Test (CAT4) is used by UK schools to assess pupils’ developed abilities and future academic potential.
Schools use a child’s performance in a CAT4 to judge progress over the academic year and to make decisions regarding setting and streaming according to ability. It is a way for a school to understand a pupil’s strengths and weaknesses and to personalise learning and adapt teaching.
The resulting data is used to identify a pupil’s strengths, weaknesses and learning preferences. Crucial information essential for personalised learning. The more a school knows about a pupil, the better it can position itself to enable pupils to maximise their individual potential.
CAT4 Test Format 考試模式
The CAT4 is usually administered in four parts and consists of questions assessing:
- Verbal Reasoning (VR)
- Non Verbal Reasoning (NVR)
- Quantitative Reasoning (QR)
- Spatial Awareness (SA).
Questions are in multiple-choice format and there are five answers to choose from, labelled A-E.
CAT4 is available for children aged 7:06 – 17+ years and comes in seven different levels of difficulty. Each comprises three tests of 45 minutes each; 2 hours 15 minutes in total.
CAT4 Sample Questions 模擬試題
1. In the following questions find the number that would be next in the sequence.
3, 7, 11, 15, (?)
2. In the following questions find the two words that don’t go with the others.
star, road, planet, ship, comet
3. Which shape is the same but facing the opposite direction?
4. Which pattern on the right is a reflection of the pattern on the left?
CAT4 Preparatory Course 預備課程
廸昇設有一對一CAT4 預備課程，歡迎致電2980 2306 查詢。
We have one-on-one tutoring course for CAT4, please call 2980 2306 for more information.